CANCELLATION & RETURNS TERMS
Thank you for using Global Direct Services Pte Limited’s (GDS) web-based international transaction system.
THESE TERMS (THE “CANCELLATION & RETURNS TERMS”) ARE A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU (“YOU”) AND GLOBAL DIRECT SERVICES PTE LIMITED, (“GLOBAL DIRECT SERVICES PTE LIMITED”). ANY PURCHASES MADE BY YOU THROUGH GLOBAL DIRECT SERVICES PTE LIMITED ON THE WEBSITE OF A SUPPLIER (THE “SUPPLIER”) WILL BE MADE VIA THE GLOBAL DIRECT SERVICES PTE LIMITED SYSTEM PURSUANT TO THESE CANCELLATION & RETURNS TERMS. BY PLACING AN ORDER TO PURCHASE SUPPLIER’S PRODUCTS THROUGH GLOBAL DIRECT SERVICES PTE LIMITED, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE CANCELLATION & RETURNS TERMS. PLEASE READ ALL THE TERMS BEFORE YOU INDICATE ACCEPTANCE. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THEM, DO NOT COMPLETE YOUR PURCHASE. YOU ARE BOUND BY THESE TERMS EVEN IF YOU DO NOT READ ALL THE TERMS. THIS VERSION REPLACES ALL PRIOR VERSIONS.
- Consumer Cancellation Rights
In relation to Consumers, these Terms will not (nor are they intended to) limit, adversely affect, or otherwise reduce your statutory rights relating to Products or Services that are or may be faulty or mis-described. Consumers may (subject to clause below) cancel an order for Products or Services for any reason within 5 working days after you receive the Product or GDS accepts your order for Services. Your right as a Consumer to cancel shall not apply in the event that you actually receive (or commence to receive) Services, or use or "unseal" Products, or if those Products were made (or customised) to your specific order.
Cancellation should be initiated by contacting us using one of the methods specified on this web site. After cancelling in accordance with the clause you should return your cancelled Products to us at the address specified (or such other address as we may notify to you for this purpose) or arrange for us to collect them (should we so notify you). Refunds of cancelled Products or Services will be made within 30 days of cancellation, where payment has been made. You are responsible for taking sufficient and reasonable care of any Product in your possession.
You agree to contact Global Direct Services Pte Limited using one of the methods specified on this web site within 5 working days of having received the product to seek returns authorization. Upon authorisation of return from the Supplier and pursuant to their international returns policy, Global Direct Services Pte Limited will provide you with information on credit available to you and instructions on where to ship your return parcel. Returns must be sent to the address indicated within the Return Products Authorization email you will receive once you have contacted Global Direct Services Pte Limited and the Supplier has subsequently authorized your return. In approved returns cases, Global Direct Services Pte Limited will reimburse you for the original sales prices of the returned products.
- Save as otherwise provided in these Terms, risk of loss of or damage to the Products passes to you on delivery or when placed in your possession or collected by any carrier or transport provided by you. It is your responsibility to verify that the Products you order are in satisfactory condition, in accordance with their description and complete upon delivery to you.
- You may return Products in accordance with these Terms if:
- The Products have been damaged or lost in transit. (Note that in the case of business customers (as opposed to Consumers to whom no such restriction applies) you may only do so if you have notified us of damage or loss within 5 working days of receipt of the Products);
- There are defects in the Products and such defects were not caused by your use of the Products outside their intended or recommended use or outside manufacturer's instructions. (Note that in the case of business customers (as opposed to Consumers to whom no such restriction applies- you may only do so if you have notified us of such defects within 30 working days of receipt of the Products);
- Services have been performed without due care and skill. (Note that in the case of business customers (as opposed to Consumers to whom no such restriction applies) you may only do so if you have notified us of such defective performance within 5 working days of such defective performance becoming apparent);
- The Products or Services do not match their description. (Note that in the case of business customers (as opposed to Consumers to whom no such restriction applies) you may only do so if you have notified us of the defect within 5 working days of the defect becoming apparent).
- Global Direct Services Pte Limited is not be responsible for any damage or losses arising from your defective installation of the Products, or use of the Products in connection with other defective, unsuitable or defectively installed equipment which has not been supplied by us, or your negligence, or your improper use of the Products or use in any manner inconsistent with the manufacturer's specifications or instructions. In such circumstances you are not entitled to return Products which have been damaged in this way.
- Where we fail to deliver all or part of your order, or there is any defect in or damage to a Product or Service or it does not comply with the description of the Product or Services found on the Website or notified to you we may at our option (if you are a business customer) or at your option (if you are a Consumer):
- Make good any such shortage or non-delivery and/or
- Re-perform a defective Service or provide a refund of the price paid for the defective Service; and/or
- In the case of damage or any defect(s) in the Product, where possible replace or repair the Product, or refund the price paid in respect of any Products found to be damaged or defective.